An afternoon pick me up that isn't a coffee and is great for your body.
You might have read a previous post I made about Time Restricted Feeding. I'm stoked to hear from you guys who have been trying it out and I'm even more stoked to hear that it has been working for you too. I am also still enjoying the benefits that Time Restricted Feeding offers and one of those benefits is that I've found that I need to eat a lot less frequently. In other words, a late breakfast has been providing enough energy to tie me over until an early dinner. I think that getting used to the feeling of not being full all of the time has made me a lot more sensitive to when I might be feeling hunger out of boredom as opposed to genuine hunger.
Sometimes the need for a little tie over is needed and as a result I have been turning to this incredibly healthy and delicious treat that I've been making in the afternoons, The Golden Milk Latte.
This guy is loaded with good stuff that helps your immune system, digestive system and fuels the brain.
Turmeric Spiced Latte
- 1-1/2 Ron Teeguarden's Gynostemma Longevity tea. This is my favorite tea ever and claims to have a lot of health benefits. You can also use milk, coconut milk, almond milk or whatever you're vibing on.
- 1 tablespoon or an inch of fresh chopped turmeric
- 1 tablespoon or an inch of fresh chopped ginger. Both of the roots are great for reducing inflammation, giving your immune system a little boost.
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 heaped spoon of raw honey.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Contains caprylic acid which is a known fungus killer.
- 1 tablespoon organic grass-fed butter. These fats are both great fuel for the brain.
- A little crack of pepper. This helps the powerful anti-inflammatory in turmeric, known as curumin, to be assimilated into the body better.
- Blend all the ingredients together in a nutribullet or blender and garnish with another crack of pepper on top!